What are All-on-4s?
All-on-4s refer to a procedure that utilizes four to six strategically placed implants to secure a denture in place. When the implants are placed in adequate bone we can attach a non removable denture the same day as the implants are placed. Thus achieving a new smile in one day. Implant-supported dentures are more secure and will not slip or fall out unlike traditional dentures.
Why are All-on-4s needed?
You may want or even require all-on-4s if your denture is constantly slipping and falling out. If your dentures are uncomfortable or do not fit well, implants can keep them in place and provide you with an even, custom-made fit. Implants are relatively permanent in nature, so once they’ve been given time to heal and fuse with the bone, you may expect dentures that are secure. Your all-on-4s denture won’t require adhesive, gels, creams or bonding strips to keep in place.
What makes you a good candidate for All-on-4s?
In order for the implants to be successful, it’s important that you have adequate bone structure where the restorations will be placed. If you’ve suffered bone loss, bone grafting may be recommended prior to the implant surgery. You should be healthy enough to undergo oral surgery in order to properly place the implants. A comprehensive examination and consultation will be done prior to the all-on-4s procedure including a thorough analysis of medical history and the pros and cons of implant treatment. In addition a 3D image of your jaw to ensure adequate bone is present.
The Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
If you are missing a few or all of your teeth, but you’re looking for a more affordable, quick, and permanent solution to restoring your smile, All-on-4 placement might be the right procedure for you. Thanks to the advancements made in the field of dentistry, dentures or full dental implants are not your only options to restore your teeth to full form and function. The All-on-4 dental implant procedure is also commonly referred to as “smile in a day” because you can walk away from a single appointment with a fully restored smile. There are many benefits for choosing All-on-4 dental implants as opposed to traditional dentures. Many of our patients opt for this procedure because All-on-4s are:
– Comfortable: Dentures can be uncomfortable because they can loosen and shift while you chew. With All-on-4s, your dentures are supported by titanium implants that are attached to your jawbone, securing them into place and allowing you to naturally chew, bite, and smile with ease.
– Fast: As long as you have sufficient bone density for implant placement, your dentures can be secured on the same day that your implants are placed, allowing you to see immediate results.
– Effective: The All-on-4 implant procedure has been proven to have consistently good clinical outcomes. After treatment, you can enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile.
If you would like an alternative to traditional dentures, contact our office today for a consultation. We will evaluate your oral health and determine if this is the right solution for you. Restore your teeth with All-on-4s today and leave our office with the beautiful smile you deserve.
Why Chose Langdon Dental for Dental Implants?
- CT Scans Available On Site
- CAD – Computer Assisted Scanning and Design
- PRF – Plasma Rich Fibrin to Enhance Healing for Surgery
- In House Denturist
- Guided Surgery
- 13 years of experience as a General Dentist
At Langdon Dental we are happy to offer not only implant supported dentures but also conventional dentures. We have a denturist who works closely with our dentists in treating patients with complete or partial dentures.
If you are requiring teeth to be removed we are pleased to offer immediate dentures; dentures that can be fabricated and ready for insertion on the day the teeth are to be removed.
For more information on partial dentures, complete dentures or immediate dentures do not hesitate to contact our office for a complimentary consultation.